As a male living in NYC, I have to say summer is a massive hit and miss.
Miss: the weather. Just being outside for a bit can get the stickiness going, it’s just horrific weather to be in. This isn’t the Amazon jungle, this is supposed to be a city, but you can’t have everything. But I still hate to go outside during these months when the heat is the way it is.
Hit: Remember the first part of my sentence. As a male living in NYC. Summer means people are wearing a lot less, and you know how the girls in NYC are of extremely high quality and will have you with a very flexible and well stretched neck. It’s like having extreme ADD during a fireworks show.
- NYC2. What great news with Man City combining with the Yankees to create an instant superclub. This is exactly what the city needs, and even if people like me will watch and support (and hopefully be a part of it behind the scenes) at least in 50 years you know there will be true fans, with tradition and love, that will have something to do on Saturday nights, and it will become a beloved routine just like the matchday routines around the world. And that goes for the league and American soccer in general.
- Already have life plans going, making it through the summer and doing my best, then I will see where I will go.
- Going with this girl that would probably make you hate her. By you I mean females in general, and by hate ask, why is such that pretty. By you I mean males in general, and by hate ask, what did you do and can I have some tips. Tall and blonde, she looks like a typical model, which is so not my type, but there you go. I looked at her the first time on the train, which was luckily for me mostly empty, with thoughts of disgust. Who does she think she is being that stunning. The type I see on tumblr or forums going, where do these people dwell? So of course the logical icebreaker would be to say “You disgust me. You’re the ugliest girl I’ve seen all day.” - which for it’s stupidity and simplicity, does work. Because it’s the exact opposite of what everyone probably tells her, plus throws in a bit of humor. Being ~smooth~ I got the number but that’s no guarantee.. since people can give out their number but they don’t actually have an obligation right? But hey, she was up for it. There will be growing pains though! Not exactly used to my ugly cynicism but hey, she’ll get over it.
- Saw Eurovision over the weekend and I absolutely love the premise and the craziness, but there weren’t enough “woah” moments - as if people took it seriously and submitted a bunch of boring slow songs. But it was so enjoyable, it’s one of those occasions you treat as special cause you know hundreds of millions are watching it with you, and it only happens once a year.
- I need a new air conditioner, threw the last one away after summer last year cause it was junk. And you know how you say.. a whole year until you have to fix the problem.. and the year has passed so quickly! But the thing is, why buy one if I’m gonna leave this place soon anyway (or so I hope).
- I want to do a movie/TV marathon, or at least fulfilling some kind of entertainment goal during the summer. Arrested Development again. Or Pixar films. Or all the Miyazakis.